Monday, February 6, 2012

Is the Google street view car a black Prius with camera modules mounted on a roof rack?

A week or so ago I rode my bike past a rather unusual black Prius cruising through my neighborhood. The car had a roof rack with a few identical plastic-looking modules on it, each pointed in a different direction (front, up, sides). Each (camera?) module was mostly white plastic perhaps 8" x 8" x 12", with one side of dark shiny plastic that could very well have been covering the camera lens. It was definitely making circles around my neighborhood, as I saw it 2-3 times over the course of two days. Could this be the google maps street view car? I've looked on line for pictures of the street view car and what I've found don't look like the car I saw, but I don't know what else it could have been. Any theories?Is the Google street view car a black Prius with camera modules mounted on a roof rack?
They use a lot of different cars but generally if you see a camera-type apparatus on top that is a Google Street View car.

No comments:

Post a Comment