Thursday, February 9, 2012

Directions for a Christmas advent/countdown calender?

I want to make a countdown calender for Christmas but I can't find directions to make one on google anywhere. I want to make it look nice not just drawn on paper...but it can be quite and a little cheesy with elves and Santa. But with baby Jesus too! So any ideas are welcome...thanks!Directions for a Christmas advent/countdown calender?
If you are crafty, here is a neat idea. I have seen them sold at craft fairs.



You take a decent sized stuffed animal, I have seen them done on snowmen. Then, you sew a little pocket on for each day, 1-25 in order. Then, attach a little wooden snowflake to a string, and attach the string to the snowman somewhere. Then, you move the little snowflake for each day of December.Directions for a Christmas advent/countdown calender?
Well I'm not exactly sure how to make one. You could take wood and cut it out in a christmas tree shape and put 25 hooks. and for each day you hang up a mini ornament. I have one of those. But my mom use to buy me and my sister advent calenders when we were little from the drug store. They'd have candy inside a little box for each day. And every day you'd open it and get chocolate. haha merry christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment