Friday, January 27, 2012

Saving Google Maps direction on iPod Touch?

It's very hard to find WiFi so how would I save a map and the directions to go somewhere? I'm using Google Maps and an iPod Touch.



If all hope is lost, I will go back to the way I used to do it. (Take a picture and view as image.)Saving Google Maps direction on iPod Touch?
I have an iPhone without a data plan.



What I do is just find the directions in the Map app while I have wifi, and look around route in the map, zoom in on places of interest.



When I leave the WIFI area, the directions and a good amount of map data are saved in the cache. I can pull out the iPhone and look at the directions in Map app at anytime.



If I accidentally start a new map search, or change directions, it gives an error about there being no Internet connection, and my route disappears. So be careful not to do that!



Assuming the iPod Touch works the same way as my iPhone, you can do this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment