Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How reliable are the Chicago CTA travel times on Google Maps?

I was wondering if the travel times are accurate when I'm looking for directions in Chicago using Google. I've heard the times are kind of inflated and the time spent on the El is actually shorter than what it says. Anyone familiar with Chicago transit to be able to verify this? I appreciate any help/advice.How reliable are the Chicago CTA travel times on Google Maps?
Well--I guess the short answer is "what travel times?"



There is no real set schedule to the buses or trains. However, the times on www.transitchicago.com are relatively accurate most of the time regarding how long a trip takes.



However--about 1/3 of the time your train will become stuck on the track for short periods of time. So, there's no way to ever know for sure.



Don't use Google for your planning--use RTA Trip Planner using the link below.How reliable are the Chicago CTA travel times on Google Maps?
What did the rta trip planner say? That was fairly reliable last time I used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment