Friday, January 27, 2012

How can I use Google Earth to mark hotel stops on long trips, and find the distance for each day's segment?

I am going on a trip from Texas to Vermont, and am trying to use Google Earth to select my route. What I would like to do is have one set of directions, but mark the places I will stop over for the night, and have mileage between each stop over, dividing the trip into three segments. Is there a way to do this, or do I just have to create three different routes, one for each day?How can I use Google Earth to mark hotel stops on long trips, and find the distance for each day's segment?
First, go to Google Maps (maps.google.com). Click "Get directions" and go from your address in Texas to your first stop. Then go to the bottom of the directions and click "Add destination..." and add your next stop. Then do this one more time, putting your final Vermont destination at the end. This will give you a trip from Texas to Vermont divided into three stops.How can I use Google Earth to mark hotel stops on long trips, and find the distance for each day's segment?
sorry to say but you have to make three different routes have fun in vermont =)

No comments:

Post a Comment