Sunday, December 18, 2011

How do I get directions between points on a saved Google MyMap?

I have a saved MyMap from Google with lots of points. Is there an easy way to connect the points, get directions, and save the directions?|||There isn't really an easy way... The easiest way I know is to add the locations to the directions creator thing by right-clicking. If you want detailed instructions, read on:





so I assume you're on the "MyMap" page? If not, go there, cos that's where my instructions start from :)





1) You are on the My Maps page. Make sure you have the map with all of your points on it selected. (It's a checkbox, by default called "My Saved Places")


2) In the top left corner, just below the picture that says "Google Maps", there is a bar. It says "Get Directions" and "My Maps". Click the "Get Directions" link.


3) Delete all the stuff it has in there by default (unless by some random chance it's exactly what you want...)


4) Click inside box A. Right click on the first marker. Click "Directions from here".


5) Right click the second marker. Click "Add a destination".


6) Continue adding destinations until you've done them all.


7) Click the "Get Directions" button.


8) Highlight the directions that appear. Copy and paste them into some other program (word, wordpad, notepad, etc).


9) Save the directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment